Ben has announced to the gvSIG mailing list the availabilty of the second beta of our OA Digital version of gvSIG.
More details on our site
From the site:
Advantages of gvSIG OADE 2010
GvSIG OADE 2010 differs from the official gvSIG 1.9 release in the following respects:
* Completely new installer frontend.
* Comes bundled with many extensions.
* Includes Java Runtime Environment version 1.6r17 (Linux and Windows versions only).
* Complete and consistent English (GB, US) GUI translation.
* Heavily reworked and improved menu structure, keyboard shortcuts and layer context menus.
* Additional documentation and sample data.
* Better integration into all supported operating systems.
We hope that you will enjoy what we did with gvSIG!
Changes in gvSIG OADE Beta 2
* Improved labels and formatting in raster layer legends.
* Added some useful raster colour tables for elevation, slope, aspect and more.
* Corrected placement of affinely transformed layers.
* Added DWG CAD format support.
* Fixed a number of bugs that would cause crashes in the raster and remote sensing tools.
* Export of maps with advanced labels to PDF no longer crashes.
* Added missing symbols and label styles.
* Proper file type descriptions in all file selection dialogs.
* Unified native binaries: all versions use GDAL 1.6.3 and PROJ.4 version 4.7.0 now.
* Runs on Windows 7 (but see notes at end of this page!).
* Improved Windows startup performance: no more copying of large binary files on startup, no more write access required to installation folder.
* Updated Java runtime environment (JRE) to latest 1.6u18.
* Some translation fixes.
* Updated North Carolina sample data project to gvSIG 1.9 format.